No, Teairra Mari hasn’t joined a 12-step program, nor is she walking/biking to raise money for disease sufferers. On her latest single, the singer’s looking for the kind of Sponsor with the money to treat her to everything her heart desires – and, hopefully, enough star power to help get her long-delayed At That Point LP onto store shelves. As it turns out, not one but two famous fellas are itching to become the former Roc Princess’ sugar daddy: hip-popster Soulja Boy and – surprise, surprise – Gucci Mane step up to the mic to spit guest bars over Zeke‘s staccato-synth boardwork. Gucci makes a convincing case, plying the headliner with promises of exotic vacations (“No my name ain’t Gilligan, but let’s go to an island.”), and Soulja Boy takes a similar tack on the back end, tempting Mari with shopping sprees and expensive dinners. Having suffered several pushbacks, At That Point is currently scheduled to drop in early 2010. Will this pop-appealing single be the one that gets Warner Bros. to issue a release date that sticks? Will Gucci Mane’s vocal chords survive his ongoing guest-verse binge? For the moment, we can only speculate…
Written by richard on 10/14/09
Submit your Rating
Division 1/Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No No No" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.