Touted as the “Princess of the Roc,” singer Teairra Mari released her self-titled Roc-A-Fella debut album in ‘05. Despite being heavily marketed, which made her single Make Her Feel Good a moderate hit, the album saw very disappointing sales. Now, signed to Interscope, the 20-year old Detroit representative is ready to start brand new as she prepares her upcoming sophomore album. On the first single, Mari addresses a cheating boyfriend who she is fed up with; she will pay him No No No more attention. With a radio-friendly beat by Charles Hamilton, No No No has enough hit power to let people know she doesn’t need the Roc to succeed. In fact, Mari can start a whole ‘nother dynasty on her own.
Written by Burmy on 04/22/08
Submit your Rating
Division 1/Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Head Gone ft. Teairra Mari" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.