Touted as the “Princess of the Roc,” singer Teairra Mari released her self-titled Roc-A-Fella debut album in ‘05. Despite being heavily marketed, which made her single Make Her Feel Good a moderate hit, the album saw very disappointing sales. Now, signed to Interscope, the 20-year old Detroit representative is ready to start brand new as she prepares her upcoming sophomore album. On the first single, Mari addresses a cheating boyfriend who she is fed up with; she will pay him No No No more attention. With a radio-friendly beat by Charles Hamilton, No No No has enough hit power to let people know she doesn’t need the Roc to succeed. In fact, Mari can start a whole ‘nother dynasty on her own.
Written by Burmy on 04/22/08
Submit your Rating
Division 1/Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Head Gone ft. Teairra Mari" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.