Touted as the “Princess of the Roc,” singer Teairra Mari released her self-titled Roc-A-Fella debut album in ‘05. Despite being heavily marketed, which made her single Make Her Feel Good a moderate hit, the album saw very disappointing sales. Now, signed to Interscope, the 20-year old Detroit representative is ready to start brand new as she prepares her upcoming sophomore album. On the first single, Mari addresses a cheating boyfriend who she is fed up with; she will pay him No No No more attention. With a radio-friendly beat by Charles Hamilton, No No No has enough hit power to let people know she doesn’t need the Roc to succeed. In fact, Mari can start a whole ‘nother dynasty on her own.
Written by Burmy on 04/22/08
Submit your Rating
Division 1/Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Head Gone ft. Teairra Mari" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.