Touted as the “Princess of the Roc,” singer Teairra Mari released her self-titled Roc-A-Fella debut album in ‘05. Despite being heavily marketed, which made her single Make Her Feel Good a moderate hit, the album saw very disappointing sales. Now, signed to Interscope, the 20-year old Detroit representative is ready to start brand new as she prepares her upcoming sophomore album. On the first single, Mari addresses a cheating boyfriend who she is fed up with; she will pay him No No No more attention. With a radio-friendly beat by Charles Hamilton, No No No has enough hit power to let people know she doesn’t need the Roc to succeed. In fact, Mari can start a whole ‘nother dynasty on her own.
Written by Burmy on 04/22/08
Submit your Rating
Division 1/Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Head Gone ft. Teairra Mari" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.