In 2005, Teairra Mari released her self-titled debut album with Roc-A-Fella Records. Though hailed as “Princess of the Roc,” her reign would not last long; she was dropped by that label the following year. Three years later, the Detroit native would re-emerge signed to Interscope with buzz single No No No; while that received moderate praise (and served as DJBooth’s introduction to Charles Hamilton), it was soon cancelled and the record was given to girl group Dear Jayne. Not the type to play the damsel in distress, Teairra has hit the ground running with the official first single from her sophomore album, At That Point; on Hunt 4 U, she’s at the spot looking for Mr. Right, and refuses to leave the place until she finds him – fortunately for Teairra, Pleasure P is also looking and will stop at nothing to find the right woman for him. Written by Rico Love and produced by in-house beatsmith EHood (for his own E2 Productions and Rico’s Division 1), Hunt 4 U should bring Teairra the other thing she’s searching for: Billboard success.
Written by Burmy on 01/1/09
Submit your Rating
Division 1/Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No No No" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.