Clearly feeling a little vulnerable in the wake of his ‘08 Heartbreak, Kanye West kicks off Teairra Mari‘s latest Booth feature on an understandably Paranoid note. Spitting “...I know you’ll never love me./ You’ll only love my Diamonds,” the Louis Vuitton Don is clearly begging for some reassurance, and that’s exactly what the singer gives him—well, sort of; turning the tables with a little male objectification, the one-time “Princess of the Roc” states her intention to love and treasure her “diamond daddy” just as she would a precious stone. It’s clear to see why this cut is being considered for dual single selection (with Cause a Scene); the intriguing concept, Mari’s sultry vocal stylings, and Kanye’s big-name appeal, along with Madd Scientist‘s fittingly icy instrumental, add up to a smoldering (can it be smoldering and icy?) club record with hit potential to spare. At That Point is due out sometime this summer, and fans should be sure to check out Teairra’s exclusive interview with our own DJ Z.
Written by richard on 04/19/09
Submit your Rating
Division 1/Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No No No" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.