From the moment she released her self-titled debut, Teairra Mari has been grappling with label tomfoolery; having been dropped by Roc-a-Fella/Def Jam and later Interscope, the Detroit native has finally settled down with Fo’Reel Ent./Asylum for her sophomore album, At That Point. On the newly-released follow-up to her Pleasure P-assisted Hunt 4 U, Teairra hits the club with her man, warning all the ladies at the spot that, if they don’t get out of the way, she’s going to Cause A Scene. Warner Music Group labelmate and club-hop king Flo Rida brings out one of his strongest verses yet, and The Runners’ scorching boardwork should help Cause A Scene blaze to the top of the charts (and leave DJ Khaled wishing he’d secured the beat for use on his next album). At That Point hits stores and online retailers on April 7, while Flo’s sophomore album, R.O.O.T.S., has been pushed ahead to March 31.
Written by Burmy on 02/25/09
Submit your Rating
Division 1/Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No No No" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.