On May 18th, listeners in the Booth and beyond were shocked and saddened by the shooting death of Atlanta up-and-comer Dolla. Few, however, were more grief-stricken than the late emcee’s label boss. On his Booth debut, Hard For The Money, The Gang Ent. CEO Te Money pays tribute to the fallen artist over a bittersweet instrumental by The Bizness, painting the rapper born Roderick Burton II as a disadvantaged youth who, like so many before him, saw music as a means to escape poverty and hardship. Equally affected by the death of his Konvict/Jive labelmate (and Who The F Is That? collaborator), T-Pain steps up to the mic to deliver a hook brimming with raw emotion. Though the CEO’s rap debut addresses a sad topic, the message is one that Dolla’s fans will undoubtedly appreciate—here’s hoping Te can rise above the tragedy and launch a career that will make his late colleague proud.
Written by Burmy on 07/23/09
The Gang Ent.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.