Tayyib Ali‘s last solo feature, March promo single Dear Lord, found the Philly buzzmaker offering his prayers to those who are struggling just to put food on the table. Today, the buzzmaker returns to express gratitude for his own good fortune on mixtape cut Stuntin’, a braggadocios celebration of the rewards of the hustle. Over the appropriately fly, keyboard-driven grooves of beat crew 2Astronauts, Ali pledges to spend and hustle as if each day were his last. Assisting on the guest tip, Philly neighbor and reader fave Gilbere Forte’ counts his blessings in between the headliner’s opening and closing bars: “Couple hundreds in my sock, walkin’ like I hit the lotto / Feelin like money every time I spin a bottle / ‘cause I get to kiss the girl of my dreams before she model.” Like what you’re hearing? This whip-ready song release is just one of many quality cuts to be found on Keystone State of Mind 2, dropping digitally in the near future. In the meantime, fans should be sure to check out Tayyib’s contribution to Jared Evan‘s recently-released Charlie Brown (Remix).
Written by richard on 10/29/12
Submit your Rating
All Def Digital
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"California Love" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.