I don’t give a f**k if you have roommates, or you’re browsing the Booth on your smartphone in a public; Put Ya Hands Up for Tayyib Ali! On the latest promo single off his next street album, coming on the heels of January’s No Other Way, the Philly representative requests a little audience participation as he celebrates his achievements in the game, and looks forward to even bigger things in store. Teddy Roxpin, the Boston beatsmith who recently won reader acclaim for his trap remix of Miley Cyrus‘s Wrecking Ball, showcases a very different side of his production style on this cut, digging in his crates for a lush funk/soul sample. Has this triumphant jam left you craving more? Then keep it locked; Tayyib’s Keyston3 street album has yet to receive a solid drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 02/12/14
Submit your Rating
All Def Digital
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"California Love" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.