Tayyib Ali isn’t simply grinding for his piece of the pie; he wants the whole damn thing. Fresh off this month’s release of mixtape inclusion Put Ya Hands Up, the unsigned Philly repper returns to our front page with I Want It All, a follow-up emphasizing the lofty scale of his aspirations. In contrast to its predecessor’s exuberant mood and celebratory lyrics, this joint has a more moody, pensive vibe. Vokab Beats sets a cinematic mood behind the boards, flipping a string-laced soul sample as Ali describes how his early experiences on the block helped to kindle his unstoppable drive to succeed. As he puts it on the record’s hook, “Came from the bottom, I gotta ball.” Feeling it? Then keep your browsers locked; Keyston3 currently lacks a drop date, but we in the Booth will keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes leading up to its eventual release.
Written by richard on 02/26/14
Submit your Rating
All Def Digital
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"California Love" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.