Tayyib Ali isn’t simply grinding for his piece of the pie; he wants the whole damn thing. Fresh off this month’s release of mixtape inclusion Put Ya Hands Up, the unsigned Philly repper returns to our front page with I Want It All, a follow-up emphasizing the lofty scale of his aspirations. In contrast to its predecessor’s exuberant mood and celebratory lyrics, this joint has a more moody, pensive vibe. Vokab Beats sets a cinematic mood behind the boards, flipping a string-laced soul sample as Ali describes how his early experiences on the block helped to kindle his unstoppable drive to succeed. As he puts it on the record’s hook, “Came from the bottom, I gotta ball.” Feeling it? Then keep your browsers locked; Keyston3 currently lacks a drop date, but we in the Booth will keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes leading up to its eventual release.
Written by richard on 02/26/14
Submit your Rating
All Def Digital
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"California Love" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.