Tayyib Ali isn’t simply grinding for his piece of the pie; he wants the whole damn thing. Fresh off this month’s release of mixtape inclusion Put Ya Hands Up, the unsigned Philly repper returns to our front page with I Want It All, a follow-up emphasizing the lofty scale of his aspirations. In contrast to its predecessor’s exuberant mood and celebratory lyrics, this joint has a more moody, pensive vibe. Vokab Beats sets a cinematic mood behind the boards, flipping a string-laced soul sample as Ali describes how his early experiences on the block helped to kindle his unstoppable drive to succeed. As he puts it on the record’s hook, “Came from the bottom, I gotta ball.” Feeling it? Then keep your browsers locked; Keyston3 currently lacks a drop date, but we in the Booth will keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes leading up to its eventual release.
Written by richard on 02/26/14
Submit your Rating
All Def Digital
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"California Love" (2011)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.