Fresh off inking a deal with Russell Simmons’s newly-launched ADD52 label, Tayyib Ali kicks off the latest chapter of his career with freshly-minted promo single Do It (High School Dropout). Here, a soulful Teddy Roxpin production accompanies the Philly rhymesayer as he reminisces about the trajectory of his musical career to date, and anticipates the big moves he’ll be making in the near future. Matt Alonzo provides a visual accompaniment to the artist’s narrative bars. Watch our pages for the latest on all of Tayyib Ali’s upcoming endeavors, including the long-delayed (and currently unscheduled) Keystone State of Mind 3 mixtape.
Written by richard on 05/20/14
Submit your Rating
All Def Digital
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"California Love" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.