Though succeeding in the rap game requires a laser focus on the road ahead, it’s hard to resist the occasional glance in the rear-view. On Back in the Day, the inaugural song release off their forthcoming collaborative debut, Philly rhymesayer Tayyib Ali and Los Angeles singer/producer Cisco Adler reminisce about a time before they’d gotten their feet wet in the music industry. Over Adler’s bouncy, guitar-led instrumental, the collaborators share rose-colored recollections of late-night smoke sessions, dates at the drive-in movie theater and other youthful pastimes. Like what you’re hearing? The One Way EP as yet lacks a solid drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with release details and fresh tracks as they emerge.
Written by richard on 01/25/13
Submit your Rating
All Def Digital
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"California Love" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.