Ever since Tayyib Ali Came Up, his name has been on the lips of fly women in his hometown and beyond. On his latest promo single, coming on the heels of May’s Do It (High School Dropout), the Philly representative takes a moment to celebrate the positive effects his success has had on his love life, even though—as he makes clear in his self-assured verses—his constant hustle prevents him from taking full advantage of all that female attention. 3rdEyeLover mans the boards, cooking up a head-noddable arrangement driven by hazy synths. Came Up isn’t part of a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on Tayyib Ali’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 07/2/14
Submit your Rating
All Def Digital
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"California Love" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.