Ever since Tayyib Ali Came Up, his name has been on the lips of fly women in his hometown and beyond. On his latest promo single, coming on the heels of May’s Do It (High School Dropout), the Philly representative takes a moment to celebrate the positive effects his success has had on his love life, even though—as he makes clear in his self-assured verses—his constant hustle prevents him from taking full advantage of all that female attention. 3rdEyeLover mans the boards, cooking up a head-noddable arrangement driven by hazy synths. Came Up isn’t part of a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on Tayyib Ali’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 07/2/14
Submit your Rating
All Def Digital
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"California Love" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.