Ever since Tayyib Ali Came Up, his name has been on the lips of fly women in his hometown and beyond. On his latest promo single, coming on the heels of May’s Do It (High School Dropout), the Philly representative takes a moment to celebrate the positive effects his success has had on his love life, even though—as he makes clear in his self-assured verses—his constant hustle prevents him from taking full advantage of all that female attention. 3rdEyeLover mans the boards, cooking up a head-noddable arrangement driven by hazy synths. Came Up isn’t part of a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on Tayyib Ali’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 07/2/14
Submit your Rating
All Def Digital
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"California Love" (2011)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.