Booth newcomer Tayyib Ali may hail originally from the City of Brotherly Love, but who’s to say you can’t make room in your heart for more than one patch of home turf? Having left Philly for the City of Angels, the up-and-comer admits that, though he’s still in that Keystone State of Mind, he’s undeniably feeling that California Love. Though a far cry in both tone and content form the 2Pac classic which shares its title, this joint is as refreshing a home-away-from-home anthem as Golden State natives could ask for; Sabir “Satisfied” Muhammad mans the boards, pairing breezy acoustic-guitar riffs with sprightly percussion as the 18-year-old emcee fills listeners in on just how smoothly he’s acclimated to his new life. In between ballin’-related boasts (“I’m tryin’ to shine like LeBron in his rookie year”), the artist plays the gracious host, chaperoning listeners from the sun-drenched beaches to the “West Side where the hippies is.” Feeling this hungry hip-hop hopeful’s laid-back yet determined style? Then keep it locked for release details on his latest street album, scheduled to hit the ‘net in the near future.
Written by richard on 03/31/11
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.