Booth newcomer Tayyib Ali may hail originally from the City of Brotherly Love, but who’s to say you can’t make room in your heart for more than one patch of home turf? Having left Philly for the City of Angels, the up-and-comer admits that, though he’s still in that Keystone State of Mind, he’s undeniably feeling that California Love. Though a far cry in both tone and content form the 2Pac classic which shares its title, this joint is as refreshing a home-away-from-home anthem as Golden State natives could ask for; Sabir “Satisfied” Muhammad mans the boards, pairing breezy acoustic-guitar riffs with sprightly percussion as the 18-year-old emcee fills listeners in on just how smoothly he’s acclimated to his new life. In between ballin’-related boasts (“I’m tryin’ to shine like LeBron in his rookie year”), the artist plays the gracious host, chaperoning listeners from the sun-drenched beaches to the “West Side where the hippies is.” Feeling this hungry hip-hop hopeful’s laid-back yet determined style? Then keep it locked for release details on his latest street album, scheduled to hit the ‘net in the near future.
Written by richard on 03/31/11
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)