At the top of the month, Taylor Thrash impressed Boothgoers with B4, a dreamy mixtape single which found him spitting game to an alluring older woman. Encouraged by the positive reader reviews, the Dallas recording artist returns with the freshly-minted follow-up to his debut feature. Who I Am, an exclusive world premiere, sees Thrash retracing the trajectory of his life to date. Beatsmith Pogo‘s chopped harp loops and thinly-sliced vocal samples set a mesmerizing mood as the artist charts his growth from academic underachiever to budding rap superstar, and luxuriates in his current position of power: “I’m in the league, and everyone’s behind me. / I’ve got my team and everyone’s behind me.” For Who I Am and any more fresh cuts, check out Thrash’s Welcome to the Future tape when it drops digitally on Saturday, March 1.
Written by richard on 01/27/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.