At the top of the month, Taylor Thrash impressed Boothgoers with B4, a dreamy mixtape single which found him spitting game to an alluring older woman. Encouraged by the positive reader reviews, the Dallas recording artist returns with the freshly-minted follow-up to his debut feature. Who I Am, an exclusive world premiere, sees Thrash retracing the trajectory of his life to date. Beatsmith Pogo‘s chopped harp loops and thinly-sliced vocal samples set a mesmerizing mood as the artist charts his growth from academic underachiever to budding rap superstar, and luxuriates in his current position of power: “I’m in the league, and everyone’s behind me. / I’ve got my team and everyone’s behind me.” For Who I Am and any more fresh cuts, check out Thrash’s Welcome to the Future tape when it drops digitally on Saturday, March 1.
Written by richard on 01/27/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)