At the top of the month, Taylor Thrash impressed Boothgoers with B4, a dreamy mixtape single which found him spitting game to an alluring older woman. Encouraged by the positive reader reviews, the Dallas recording artist returns with the freshly-minted follow-up to his debut feature. Who I Am, an exclusive world premiere, sees Thrash retracing the trajectory of his life to date. Beatsmith Pogo‘s chopped harp loops and thinly-sliced vocal samples set a mesmerizing mood as the artist charts his growth from academic underachiever to budding rap superstar, and luxuriates in his current position of power: “I’m in the league, and everyone’s behind me. / I’ve got my team and everyone’s behind me.” For Who I Am and any more fresh cuts, check out Thrash’s Welcome to the Future tape when it drops digitally on Saturday, March 1.
Written by richard on 01/27/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.