At the top of the month, Taylor Thrash impressed Boothgoers with B4, a dreamy mixtape single which found him spitting game to an alluring older woman. Encouraged by the positive reader reviews, the Dallas recording artist returns with the freshly-minted follow-up to his debut feature. Who I Am, an exclusive world premiere, sees Thrash retracing the trajectory of his life to date. Beatsmith Pogo‘s chopped harp loops and thinly-sliced vocal samples set a mesmerizing mood as the artist charts his growth from academic underachiever to budding rap superstar, and luxuriates in his current position of power: “I’m in the league, and everyone’s behind me. / I’ve got my team and everyone’s behind me.” For Who I Am and any more fresh cuts, check out Thrash’s Welcome to the Future tape when it drops digitally on Saturday, March 1.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.