At the top of the month, Taylor Thrash impressed Boothgoers with B4, a dreamy mixtape single which found him spitting game to an alluring older woman. Encouraged by the positive reader reviews, the Dallas recording artist returns with the freshly-minted follow-up to his debut feature. Who I Am, an exclusive world premiere, sees Thrash retracing the trajectory of his life to date. Beatsmith Pogo‘s chopped harp loops and thinly-sliced vocal samples set a mesmerizing mood as the artist charts his growth from academic underachiever to budding rap superstar, and luxuriates in his current position of power: “I’m in the league, and everyone’s behind me. / I’ve got my team and everyone’s behind me.” For Who I Am and any more fresh cuts, check out Thrash’s Welcome to the Future tape when it drops digitally on Saturday, March 1.
Written by richard on 01/27/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.