When I hit play on a record titled “Godzilla,” I expect something heavy and aggressive, possibly featuring a sample from Blue Oyster Cult’s classic jam by the same name. I most certainly don’t expect something light, airy and retro-informed like Taylor Thrash‘s latest feature—but I can’t say I’m not pleasantly surprised. DJ Cam Quartet‘s Rebirth of Cool, a breezy instrumental perfect for a headphone session on a late-summer afternoon, backs the Dallas representative as he showcases his finely honed game-spitting abilities and harks back to his less-smooth years as an adolescent striver. Like what you’re hearing? More slick rhymes and refreshing beats await on the artist’s Welcome to the Future tape, out now online.
Written by richard on 08/29/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.