When I hit play on a record titled “Godzilla,” I expect something heavy and aggressive, possibly featuring a sample from Blue Oyster Cult’s classic jam by the same name. I most certainly don’t expect something light, airy and retro-informed like Taylor Thrash‘s latest feature—but I can’t say I’m not pleasantly surprised. DJ Cam Quartet‘s Rebirth of Cool, a breezy instrumental perfect for a headphone session on a late-summer afternoon, backs the Dallas representative as he showcases his finely honed game-spitting abilities and harks back to his less-smooth years as an adolescent striver. Like what you’re hearing? More slick rhymes and refreshing beats await on the artist’s Welcome to the Future tape, out now online.
Written by richard on 08/29/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.