When I hit play on a record titled “Godzilla,” I expect something heavy and aggressive, possibly featuring a sample from Blue Oyster Cult’s classic jam by the same name. I most certainly don’t expect something light, airy and retro-informed like Taylor Thrash‘s latest feature—but I can’t say I’m not pleasantly surprised. DJ Cam Quartet‘s Rebirth of Cool, a breezy instrumental perfect for a headphone session on a late-summer afternoon, backs the Dallas representative as he showcases his finely honed game-spitting abilities and harks back to his less-smooth years as an adolescent striver. Like what you’re hearing? More slick rhymes and refreshing beats await on the artist’s Welcome to the Future tape, out now online.
Written by richard on 08/29/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)