Every enterprising artist has to prove him or herself upon first picking up the mic, and that goes double when you’re a “white boy from the burbs” trying to make it in urban music. On freshly-minted mixtape single B4, Dallas buzzmaker Taylor Thrash goes above and beyond the call of duty, showcasing his skills as a singer and lyricist as he tests his game-spitting abilities on an alluring older woman. Over Galimatias‘s dreamy, string-laced Marshmallow Grove instrumental, Thrash demonstrates his knack for combining witty wordplay with appealing pop melodies. An uncredited female vocalist adds a dash of smoothness to the record’s hook. Interest piqued? More fresh tunes await on Taylor Thrash’s Welcome to the Future tape, set to drop digitally on Saturday, February 1.
Written by richard on 01/7/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.