Every enterprising artist has to prove him or herself upon first picking up the mic, and that goes double when you’re a “white boy from the burbs” trying to make it in urban music. On freshly-minted mixtape single B4, Dallas buzzmaker Taylor Thrash goes above and beyond the call of duty, showcasing his skills as a singer and lyricist as he tests his game-spitting abilities on an alluring older woman. Over Galimatias‘s dreamy, string-laced Marshmallow Grove instrumental, Thrash demonstrates his knack for combining witty wordplay with appealing pop melodies. An uncredited female vocalist adds a dash of smoothness to the record’s hook. Interest piqued? More fresh tunes await on Taylor Thrash’s Welcome to the Future tape, set to drop digitally on Saturday, February 1.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.