Every enterprising artist has to prove him or herself upon first picking up the mic, and that goes double when you’re a “white boy from the burbs” trying to make it in urban music. On freshly-minted mixtape single B4, Dallas buzzmaker Taylor Thrash goes above and beyond the call of duty, showcasing his skills as a singer and lyricist as he tests his game-spitting abilities on an alluring older woman. Over Galimatias‘s dreamy, string-laced Marshmallow Grove instrumental, Thrash demonstrates his knack for combining witty wordplay with appealing pop melodies. An uncredited female vocalist adds a dash of smoothness to the record’s hook. Interest piqued? More fresh tunes await on Taylor Thrash’s Welcome to the Future tape, set to drop digitally on Saturday, February 1.
Written by richard on 01/7/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.