Every enterprising artist has to prove him or herself upon first picking up the mic, and that goes double when you’re a “white boy from the burbs” trying to make it in urban music. On freshly-minted mixtape single B4, Dallas buzzmaker Taylor Thrash goes above and beyond the call of duty, showcasing his skills as a singer and lyricist as he tests his game-spitting abilities on an alluring older woman. Over Galimatias‘s dreamy, string-laced Marshmallow Grove instrumental, Thrash demonstrates his knack for combining witty wordplay with appealing pop melodies. An uncredited female vocalist adds a dash of smoothness to the record’s hook. Interest piqued? More fresh tunes await on Taylor Thrash’s Welcome to the Future tape, set to drop digitally on Saturday, February 1.
Written by richard on 01/7/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.