Every emcee, even your favorite one, is in this business to make money. It is a fool’s dream to think that a rapper wants to rap for free. Lets be clear: there’s nothing wrong with chasing paper; it is one of those necessary evils in life. What is important, however, is putting it all into perspective. Take Taylor J, who knows money is all well and good, but realizes that there are other things that are So Much More important. What are those things? How about delivering powerful performances and killing Mike WiLL Made It beats? The red-hot producer cooks up a booming, trap-inspired beat as the Minnesota native lists off all his reasons, besides the coin, for stepping foot into the rap game. There is no word on a larger project release, but there is So Much More where this came from on the artist’s last (and first) Booth feature, January’s Fact of Life.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/8/13
Submit your Rating
Big Play Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fact Of Life" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.