Every emcee, even your favorite one, is in this business to make money. It is a fool’s dream to think that a rapper wants to rap for free. Lets be clear: there’s nothing wrong with chasing paper; it is one of those necessary evils in life. What is important, however, is putting it all into perspective. Take Taylor J, who knows money is all well and good, but realizes that there are other things that are So Much More important. What are those things? How about delivering powerful performances and killing Mike WiLL Made It beats? The red-hot producer cooks up a booming, trap-inspired beat as the Minnesota native lists off all his reasons, besides the coin, for stepping foot into the rap game. There is no word on a larger project release, but there is So Much More where this came from on the artist’s last (and first) Booth feature, January’s Fact of Life.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/8/13
Submit your Rating
Big Play Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fact Of Life" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.