Last month, we introduced our readers to Chicago native Taylor Bennett with his Brother Man freestyle. Shortly after the feature went live on our homepage, several of Bennett’s fans and a handful of our own staff members suggested that we invite the unsigned emcee to participate in our newly-restarted DJBooth Freestyle Series. Less than 24 hours later, Bennett agreed to participate and he slid us a freebie to share with his growing fanbase and our loyal visitors. Produced by Saint The Goodboy, the self-titled freestyle showcases his whimsical, free association approach and sharp, slightly-spastic delivery. Readers who draw a comparison between Taylor and buzzing star-to-be Chance the Rapper should know that while the two are brothers by blood, the younger Bennett can stand on his own two just fine. Down in Austin for SXSW this week? TB is playing the House of Aura showcase on March 14, with Casey Veggies. If not, keep it locked to the Booth for Bennett’s exclusive freestyle entry and information on his upcoming sophomore mixtape, Mainstream Music.
Written by DJ Z on 03/9/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Good" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.