Last month, we introduced our readers to Chicago native Taylor Bennett with his Brother Man freestyle. Shortly after the feature went live on our homepage, several of Bennett’s fans and a handful of our own staff members suggested that we invite the unsigned emcee to participate in our newly-restarted DJBooth Freestyle Series. Less than 24 hours later, Bennett agreed to participate and he slid us a freebie to share with his growing fanbase and our loyal visitors. Produced by Saint The Goodboy, the self-titled freestyle showcases his whimsical, free association approach and sharp, slightly-spastic delivery. Readers who draw a comparison between Taylor and buzzing star-to-be Chance the Rapper should know that while the two are brothers by blood, the younger Bennett can stand on his own two just fine. Down in Austin for SXSW this week? TB is playing the House of Aura showcase on March 14, with Casey Veggies. If not, keep it locked to the Booth for Bennett’s exclusive freestyle entry and information on his upcoming sophomore mixtape, Mainstream Music.
Written by DJ Z on 03/9/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Good" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.