Last month, we introduced our readers to Chicago native Taylor Bennett with his Brother Man freestyle. Shortly after the feature went live on our homepage, several of Bennett’s fans and a handful of our own staff members suggested that we invite the unsigned emcee to participate in our newly-restarted DJBooth Freestyle Series. Less than 24 hours later, Bennett agreed to participate and he slid us a freebie to share with his growing fanbase and our loyal visitors. Produced by Saint The Goodboy, the self-titled freestyle showcases his whimsical, free association approach and sharp, slightly-spastic delivery. Readers who draw a comparison between Taylor and buzzing star-to-be Chance the Rapper should know that while the two are brothers by blood, the younger Bennett can stand on his own two just fine. Down in Austin for SXSW this week? TB is playing the House of Aura showcase on March 14, with Casey Veggies. If not, keep it locked to the Booth for Bennett’s exclusive freestyle entry and information on his upcoming sophomore mixtape, Mainstream Music.
Written by DJ Z on 03/9/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Good" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.