Taylor Bennett may be Chance The Rapper’s brother, but, at least for me, I don’t see him that way; I actually knew about him before I did Chance. Besides can’t he just be his own man? I suspect he could be brothers with the tooth fairy and nobody would care so long as he continues to drop songs like New Chevy. For the most part, Taylor takes a laid-back, sung-rapped approach (matching Brail Beats’ funky instrumental), but he does flex his muscles by rattling off a few bars with alacrity. Joining Mr. Bennett is fellow Chicagoan King L, who dons a blunted flow to round-out the feel-good, smoker-friendly vibe of the record. Like his last Booth feature spot, Hope, New Chevy appears on Bennett’s latest project, Mainstream Music.
Update: We have added the Thelonious Stokes-directed visuals for Taylor Bennett’s New Chevy single.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/7/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Good" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.