Taylor Bennett may be Chance The Rapper’s brother, but, at least for me, I don’t see him that way; I actually knew about him before I did Chance. Besides can’t he just be his own man? I suspect he could be brothers with the tooth fairy and nobody would care so long as he continues to drop songs like New Chevy. For the most part, Taylor takes a laid-back, sung-rapped approach (matching Brail Beats’ funky instrumental), but he does flex his muscles by rattling off a few bars with alacrity. Joining Mr. Bennett is fellow Chicagoan King L, who dons a blunted flow to round-out the feel-good, smoker-friendly vibe of the record. Like his last Booth feature spot, Hope, New Chevy appears on Bennett’s latest project, Mainstream Music.
Update: We have added the Thelonious Stokes-directed visuals for Taylor Bennett’s New Chevy single.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/7/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Good" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.