If you’re on your way to the top where the flashing lights don’t let up, like Taylor Bennett is, you’re going to need more than just some radio hits and a toothbrush. On Hope, the third single off his upcoming mixtape, Mainstream Music, the Chicago emcee sticks to a hyperactive flow that runs through a few moments of realization about the music industry. The dead flowers in his closet, irony of mainstream success, and train ride thoughts on an Uber ride have all made it clear to Taylor that if you believe in your own music, the right people will pay attention. Even the playful, robotic production work of Monte Booker adds to the idea of how mechanical your art can become without the right inspiration. #ICYMI, don’t forget to check out our past premiere of his DJBooth freestyle, too. And we hope your brother, Chance, has a speedy recovery, Taylor!
Written by Bryan H on 04/21/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Good" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.