If you’re on your way to the top where the flashing lights don’t let up, like Taylor Bennett is, you’re going to need more than just some radio hits and a toothbrush. On Hope, the third single off his upcoming mixtape, Mainstream Music, the Chicago emcee sticks to a hyperactive flow that runs through a few moments of realization about the music industry. The dead flowers in his closet, irony of mainstream success, and train ride thoughts on an Uber ride have all made it clear to Taylor that if you believe in your own music, the right people will pay attention. Even the playful, robotic production work of Monte Booker adds to the idea of how mechanical your art can become without the right inspiration. #ICYMI, don’t forget to check out our past premiere of his DJBooth freestyle, too. And we hope your brother, Chance, has a speedy recovery, Taylor!
Written by Bryan H on 04/21/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Good" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.