Back in January, we learned that Chance the Rapper‘s musical talents ran in the family when Taylor Bennett, the rising star’s younger sibling, made his Booth debut as a guest on eGo Jaleel‘s I’m Good. Today, Bennett steps into the solo spotlight with freshly-minted freestyle and promo single Brother Man. Backed by the lush sample work of Dru B Dru, the Windy City buzzmaker spits bars dedicated to Thelonious Stokes, a fellow artist and faithful friend who’s had his back from the very beginning. Singer Loyale Soulё assists on the guest tip, her hook and backing vocals providing a silky counterpoint to the headliner’s eccentric flow. Brother Man is just a loosie, but those feeling it should stay tuned for details on Taylor Bennet’s spring-bound indie full-length, Mainstream Music.
Written by richard on 02/24/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Good" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.