Back in January, we learned that Chance the Rapper‘s musical talents ran in the family when Taylor Bennett, the rising star’s younger sibling, made his Booth debut as a guest on eGo Jaleel‘s I’m Good. Today, Bennett steps into the solo spotlight with freshly-minted freestyle and promo single Brother Man. Backed by the lush sample work of Dru B Dru, the Windy City buzzmaker spits bars dedicated to Thelonious Stokes, a fellow artist and faithful friend who’s had his back from the very beginning. Singer Loyale Soulё assists on the guest tip, her hook and backing vocals providing a silky counterpoint to the headliner’s eccentric flow. Brother Man is just a loosie, but those feeling it should stay tuned for details on Taylor Bennet’s spring-bound indie full-length, Mainstream Music.
Written by richard on 02/24/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Good" (2014)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)