Back in January, we learned that Chance the Rapper‘s musical talents ran in the family when Taylor Bennett, the rising star’s younger sibling, made his Booth debut as a guest on eGo Jaleel‘s I’m Good. Today, Bennett steps into the solo spotlight with freshly-minted freestyle and promo single Brother Man. Backed by the lush sample work of Dru B Dru, the Windy City buzzmaker spits bars dedicated to Thelonious Stokes, a fellow artist and faithful friend who’s had his back from the very beginning. Singer Loyale Soulё assists on the guest tip, her hook and backing vocals providing a silky counterpoint to the headliner’s eccentric flow. Brother Man is just a loosie, but those feeling it should stay tuned for details on Taylor Bennet’s spring-bound indie full-length, Mainstream Music.
Written by richard on 02/24/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Good" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.