Back in January, we learned that Chance the Rapper‘s musical talents ran in the family when Taylor Bennett, the rising star’s younger sibling, made his Booth debut as a guest on eGo Jaleel‘s I’m Good. Today, Bennett steps into the solo spotlight with freshly-minted freestyle and promo single Brother Man. Backed by the lush sample work of Dru B Dru, the Windy City buzzmaker spits bars dedicated to Thelonious Stokes, a fellow artist and faithful friend who’s had his back from the very beginning. Singer Loyale Soulё assists on the guest tip, her hook and backing vocals providing a silky counterpoint to the headliner’s eccentric flow. Brother Man is just a loosie, but those feeling it should stay tuned for details on Taylor Bennet’s spring-bound indie full-length, Mainstream Music.
Written by richard on 02/24/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Good" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.