Back in January, we learned that Chance the Rapper‘s musical talents ran in the family when Taylor Bennett, the rising star’s younger sibling, made his Booth debut as a guest on eGo Jaleel‘s I’m Good. Today, Bennett steps into the solo spotlight with freshly-minted freestyle and promo single Brother Man. Backed by the lush sample work of Dru B Dru, the Windy City buzzmaker spits bars dedicated to Thelonious Stokes, a fellow artist and faithful friend who’s had his back from the very beginning. Singer Loyale Soulё assists on the guest tip, her hook and backing vocals providing a silky counterpoint to the headliner’s eccentric flow. Brother Man is just a loosie, but those feeling it should stay tuned for details on Taylor Bennet’s spring-bound indie full-length, Mainstream Music.
Written by richard on 02/24/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Good" (2014)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.