When a newcomer steps into the DJBooth, our readers inevitably form a picture of who they are and what lane they fit in. That task might be a little difficult with regard to Tawiah’s first feature, on which she displays not one, but many FAces. Her smoother-than-silk harmonies ooze R&B, but producer Jodi Milliner‘s percussion has more of a hip-hop vibe. There’s even a dash of folk-rock, thanks to Tawiah’s intriguing lyrics and the breezy guitar accompaniment. FACes will be on the South Londoner’s forthcoming album, FREEdom Drop, which will be released on April 30. FAces will be available for free download before that, on April 12, in honor of the International Day for Street Children.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/9/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.