In addition to being an editor for a top tier music website, I’m also really good at napping, using bad puns, and eating pizza; a regular Renaissance Man. Well, at least I thought I was, until I heard the latest effort from Tate Tucker. Lets just
say write that it helps to have, you know, actual talent. Experimenting with a new sonic style, a fusion of rap and electro-pop, Tate displays a truly diverse arsenal by making his singing debut. In between his normal, charismatic flow, Tucker gives the effort R&B flair thanks to a smooth, intoxicatingly crooned hook. This multifaceted approach is even more impressive when you consider Garrett Lodge‘s hazy, electro-twinged production. Most emcees couldn’t handle Lodge’s deep-seated beat while only operating in a single “lane,” but both of Tucker’s fit like matching puzzle pieces. This is the LA native’s fifth DJBooth feature spot. The fourth, High Dials, was released just five weeks ago.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/21/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.