In addition to being an editor for a top tier music website, I’m also really good at napping, using bad puns, and eating pizza; a regular Renaissance Man. Well, at least I thought I was, until I heard the latest effort from Tate Tucker. Lets just
say write that it helps to have, you know, actual talent. Experimenting with a new sonic style, a fusion of rap and electro-pop, Tate displays a truly diverse arsenal by making his singing debut. In between his normal, charismatic flow, Tucker gives the effort R&B flair thanks to a smooth, intoxicatingly crooned hook. This multifaceted approach is even more impressive when you consider Garrett Lodge‘s hazy, electro-twinged production. Most emcees couldn’t handle Lodge’s deep-seated beat while only operating in a single “lane,” but both of Tucker’s fit like matching puzzle pieces. This is the LA native’s fifth DJBooth feature spot. The fourth, High Dials, was released just five weeks ago.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/21/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.