In addition to being an editor for a top tier music website, I’m also really good at napping, using bad puns, and eating pizza; a regular Renaissance Man. Well, at least I thought I was, until I heard the latest effort from Tate Tucker. Lets just
say write that it helps to have, you know, actual talent. Experimenting with a new sonic style, a fusion of rap and electro-pop, Tate displays a truly diverse arsenal by making his singing debut. In between his normal, charismatic flow, Tucker gives the effort R&B flair thanks to a smooth, intoxicatingly crooned hook. This multifaceted approach is even more impressive when you consider Garrett Lodge‘s hazy, electro-twinged production. Most emcees couldn’t handle Lodge’s deep-seated beat while only operating in a single “lane,” but both of Tucker’s fit like matching puzzle pieces. This is the LA native’s fifth DJBooth feature spot. The fourth, High Dials, was released just five weeks ago.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/21/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.