“You only live once, then you die.” That’s why, when presented with the choice between a stable, lucrative nine-to-five and an uncertain existence as a musician, West Coast buzzmaker Tate Tucker sprung, without hesitation, for the latter. For some deeper insight into the artist’s thought process, we turn to new promotional single High Dials. In irreverent verses, Tucker raises his middle fingers to “pre-professional” peers who see his decisions (along with his indulgence in weed and liquor) as evidence of a less-than-serious approach to life. Garrett Lodge mans the mixing boards, basing his beat around a chiptune-style interpolation of the Arctic Monkeys’ Why’d You Only Call Me When You’re High. While Dials is just a loosie, those who like what they’re hearing can, of course, keep it locked to The DJBooth for further details on Tate Tucker’s 2014 plans.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!