Michael Brown’s murder and the ensuing chaos in Ferguson, Missouri have once again reminded black Americans of a fact that many would rather forget: they, their friends and their families are in mortal danger, simply because of the color of their skin. On his latest single, HandsUpDontShoot (Ferguson Tribute), Los Angeles emcee Tate Tucker reflects on the (possibly false) sense of security he receives from his mixed-race heritage, and worries for his loved ones’ safety. Despite his unease, he ends the record on a defiant note: “Ain’t enough guns in this world to make me tap dance.” Garrett Lodge produces the joint’s ominous synth-sample beat. HandsUp isn’t part of a larger set, but those digging this incisive joint should watch our front page for all the latest from the unsigned buzzmaker.
Written by richard on 08/20/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.