Tate Tucker’s latest feature, released along with a set of bare-bones visuals filmed in Tribeca, is fire…. and it just so happens that “Fire” is also the record’s title. Well, maybe fire isn’t the best description, because the record is a little too subdued to be compared to a blazing inferno—how about “brick oven?” It’s still hot, but it’s more of a deep, simmering heat. Over producer The Frank‘s dusty, chopped flip of Lion Babe’s Treat Me Like Fire, Tucker lights one up and shares stories of relationships and one-night stands. His flow is crisp and pinpoint accurate, but still has a laid-back, smoking vibe. There is no word on whether this record will be attached to any larger project, but fans craving more can check out the artist’s last Booth feature, 2012’s Go It Alone.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/21/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.