Tate Tucker’s latest feature, released along with a set of bare-bones visuals filmed in Tribeca, is fire…. and it just so happens that “Fire” is also the record’s title. Well, maybe fire isn’t the best description, because the record is a little too subdued to be compared to a blazing inferno—how about “brick oven?” It’s still hot, but it’s more of a deep, simmering heat. Over producer The Frank‘s dusty, chopped flip of Lion Babe’s Treat Me Like Fire, Tucker lights one up and shares stories of relationships and one-night stands. His flow is crisp and pinpoint accurate, but still has a laid-back, smoking vibe. There is no word on whether this record will be attached to any larger project, but fans craving more can check out the artist’s last Booth feature, 2012’s Go It Alone.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/21/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.