Tate Tucker’s latest feature, released along with a set of bare-bones visuals filmed in Tribeca, is fire…. and it just so happens that “Fire” is also the record’s title. Well, maybe fire isn’t the best description, because the record is a little too subdued to be compared to a blazing inferno—how about “brick oven?” It’s still hot, but it’s more of a deep, simmering heat. Over producer The Frank‘s dusty, chopped flip of Lion Babe’s Treat Me Like Fire, Tucker lights one up and shares stories of relationships and one-night stands. His flow is crisp and pinpoint accurate, but still has a laid-back, smoking vibe. There is no word on whether this record will be attached to any larger project, but fans craving more can check out the artist’s last Booth feature, 2012’s Go It Alone.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!