We all know that the ladies are not the most well-represented group in hip-hop. While the female-to-male ratio is a little lopsided, there is definitely a growing number of females rockin’ the mic. Well, you can add Booth newcomer Tasha the Amazon to that list. She may be a girl, but on Let It Go she rocks the mic just as well (if not better) than her male counterparts. Setting the mood on this brash cut, beat crew Bass & Bakery (made up of Tasha and Danthrax) cook up an aggressive, frenzied beat with a serious kick. Tasha comes with bars to match the instrumental’s aggressive vibe, throwing lyrical haymakers in a stalwart, hard-hitting flow. She even ties the record together with a stellar sung hook. Currently getting the visual treatment, Let It Go can be found on Tasha’s FiDiYootDem LP, available for free download on Audiomack as of November.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/15/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cry of the Warrior" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.