We all know that the ladies are not the most well-represented group in hip-hop. While the female-to-male ratio is a little lopsided, there is definitely a growing number of females rockin’ the mic. Well, you can add Booth newcomer Tasha the Amazon to that list. She may be a girl, but on Let It Go she rocks the mic just as well (if not better) than her male counterparts. Setting the mood on this brash cut, beat crew Bass & Bakery (made up of Tasha and Danthrax) cook up an aggressive, frenzied beat with a serious kick. Tasha comes with bars to match the instrumental’s aggressive vibe, throwing lyrical haymakers in a stalwart, hard-hitting flow. She even ties the record together with a stellar sung hook. Currently getting the visual treatment, Let It Go can be found on Tasha’s FiDiYootDem LP, available for free download on Audiomack as of November.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/15/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cry of the Warrior" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.