Rocking the mic takes moxie to start with, but to make your Booth debut atop a beat from two full-fledged legends? That would require some pretty big cojones. Good thing newcomer TARO has them in spades… or big ones, rather. On Let the Dollar Circulate, the Manhattan-based emcee steps to the mic to spit over a beat by none other than J. Dilla and 9th Wonder. A bold move, yes, but the artist’s impressive flow and exceptional wordplay would get a thumbs-up from both beatsmiths. As the soulful beat rides, TARO showcases a seriously acrobatic flow. Though his clever bars are full of tongue twisters, TARO does not falter; he is surgical and crisp with his delivery. The record is even more impressive considering he raps for five straight minutes. No hook—just a hungry emcee doing his thing. Keep it locked to The DJBooth for more from TARO soon.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.