Rocking the mic takes moxie to start with, but to make your Booth debut atop a beat from two full-fledged legends? That would require some pretty big cojones. Good thing newcomer TARO has them in spades… or big ones, rather. On Let the Dollar Circulate, the Manhattan-based emcee steps to the mic to spit over a beat by none other than J. Dilla and 9th Wonder. A bold move, yes, but the artist’s impressive flow and exceptional wordplay would get a thumbs-up from both beatsmiths. As the soulful beat rides, TARO showcases a seriously acrobatic flow. Though his clever bars are full of tongue twisters, TARO does not falter; he is surgical and crisp with his delivery. The record is even more impressive considering he raps for five straight minutes. No hook—just a hungry emcee doing his thing. Keep it locked to The DJBooth for more from TARO soon.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/20/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.