Rocking the mic takes moxie to start with, but to make your Booth debut atop a beat from two full-fledged legends? That would require some pretty big cojones. Good thing newcomer TARO has them in spades… or big ones, rather. On Let the Dollar Circulate, the Manhattan-based emcee steps to the mic to spit over a beat by none other than J. Dilla and 9th Wonder. A bold move, yes, but the artist’s impressive flow and exceptional wordplay would get a thumbs-up from both beatsmiths. As the soulful beat rides, TARO showcases a seriously acrobatic flow. Though his clever bars are full of tongue twisters, TARO does not falter; he is surgical and crisp with his delivery. The record is even more impressive considering he raps for five straight minutes. No hook—just a hungry emcee doing his thing. Keep it locked to The DJBooth for more from TARO soon.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/20/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Something Happened" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)