Is there such a thing as being too fly? Before today, I would have scoffed at the possibility, but Tarik has changed my mind with his first feature, which finds him balling so hard that he’s suffering from all the telltale symptoms of Jet Lag. Does that mean he’s going to lay off the stunting long enough to get his circadian rhythms back in order? Hell no. On this freshly-released single, he’s more interesting in lording his condition over his dopeness-impaired peers. Over B. Fresh‘s production, built around a gibberish vocal sample that would be annoying if it weren’t so damn catchy, the Brooklyn representative schools his peers in the game, mocking fake Gs and hangers-on confident, engagingly-flowed bars. Tarik’s got the attitude of a winner, but does he have the skills to leave heads craving more? If you’re feeling him, keep your browsers locked to the Booth for all the latest leading up to the November arrival of his currently-untitled new mixtape.
Written by richard on 09/13/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.