Is there such a thing as being too fly? Before today, I would have scoffed at the possibility, but Tarik has changed my mind with his first feature, which finds him balling so hard that he’s suffering from all the telltale symptoms of Jet Lag. Does that mean he’s going to lay off the stunting long enough to get his circadian rhythms back in order? Hell no. On this freshly-released single, he’s more interesting in lording his condition over his dopeness-impaired peers. Over B. Fresh‘s production, built around a gibberish vocal sample that would be annoying if it weren’t so damn catchy, the Brooklyn representative schools his peers in the game, mocking fake Gs and hangers-on confident, engagingly-flowed bars. Tarik’s got the attitude of a winner, but does he have the skills to leave heads craving more? If you’re feeling him, keep your browsers locked to the Booth for all the latest leading up to the November arrival of his currently-untitled new mixtape.
Written by richard on 09/13/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)