Tarik is a complicated guy—so complicated that it takes (at least) three songs to present a thorough portrait of the Brooklyn buzzmaker. Though we’re picking up the thread in the middle of the series with Everything I Am 3, no prior knowledge is required to enjoy the cut, single numero dos off the Golden auteur’s next full-length. Over Jerz & The Fatman‘s lush soul samples, Tarik contrasts two sides of his personality: the hungry emcee who will stop at nothing to conquer the game, and the inner hater who does everything in his power to hinder him. Fortunately, the former is powerful enough to keep the latter in check. Complete with official visuals by Hunter Lyon, Everything I Am 3 is one of many fresh, lyrically-driven jams to be found on the artist’s Here to Stay LP, set to drop independently September 22.
Written by richard on 08/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Jet Lag" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.