Last we heard from Taps, on April’s With You, he was convinced that he had finally found Mrs. Right. Unfortunately, it seems to have been another false alarm; fast-forward four months, and we find the Zimbabwean pop buzzmaker picking up the pieces of his broken heart following his split with the woman he loves. While newly-released promo cut When You Said Goodbye is melancholy in theme, the overall sound is no less upbeat and energizing than that of its predecessor. T-Collar reprises his role behind the boards, joining forces with Bali Harko to craft a driving club backdrop for the singer’s mournful verses. Say Goodbye is currently unattached to any larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Taps’ plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 08/7/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.