Last we heard from Taps, on April’s With You, he was convinced that he had finally found Mrs. Right. Unfortunately, it seems to have been another false alarm; fast-forward four months, and we find the Zimbabwean pop buzzmaker picking up the pieces of his broken heart following his split with the woman he loves. While newly-released promo cut When You Said Goodbye is melancholy in theme, the overall sound is no less upbeat and energizing than that of its predecessor. T-Collar reprises his role behind the boards, joining forces with Bali Harko to craft a driving club backdrop for the singer’s mournful verses. Say Goodbye is currently unattached to any larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Taps’ plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 08/7/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.