If you think about it, flowers have it pretty damn rough; if they’re not being snipped by the stems, separated from their families and shoved into bouquets, they’re being slowly dismembered as someone murmurs, “He loves me, he loves me not.” On his first Booth feature, 22-year-old Zimbabwean pop singer Taps gives ‘em another thing to worry about: death by fire. Good thing they don’t have ears. With that said, human R&B-heads are sure to appreciate freshly-released EP standout Burn the Roses, a poignant ballad chronicling the decay of a once-promising relationship. Packing the artist’s powerful vocals and a smoldering instrumental backdrop courtesy of T- Collar and Osinachi, this is just one of many emotionally-charged jams to be found on Taps’ Almost Home EP, available for free digital download as of December 12, 2012.
Written by richard on 01/16/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.