If you think about it, flowers have it pretty damn rough; if they’re not being snipped by the stems, separated from their families and shoved into bouquets, they’re being slowly dismembered as someone murmurs, “He loves me, he loves me not.” On his first Booth feature, 22-year-old Zimbabwean pop singer Taps gives ‘em another thing to worry about: death by fire. Good thing they don’t have ears. With that said, human R&B-heads are sure to appreciate freshly-released EP standout Burn the Roses, a poignant ballad chronicling the decay of a once-promising relationship. Packing the artist’s powerful vocals and a smoldering instrumental backdrop courtesy of T- Collar and Osinachi, this is just one of many emotionally-charged jams to be found on Taps’ Almost Home EP, available for free digital download as of December 12, 2012.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.