If you think about it, flowers have it pretty damn rough; if they’re not being snipped by the stems, separated from their families and shoved into bouquets, they’re being slowly dismembered as someone murmurs, “He loves me, he loves me not.” On his first Booth feature, 22-year-old Zimbabwean pop singer Taps gives ‘em another thing to worry about: death by fire. Good thing they don’t have ears. With that said, human R&B-heads are sure to appreciate freshly-released EP standout Burn the Roses, a poignant ballad chronicling the decay of a once-promising relationship. Packing the artist’s powerful vocals and a smoldering instrumental backdrop courtesy of T- Collar and Osinachi, this is just one of many emotionally-charged jams to be found on Taps’ Almost Home EP, available for free digital download as of December 12, 2012.
Written by richard on 01/16/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.