If you think about it, flowers have it pretty damn rough; if they’re not being snipped by the stems, separated from their families and shoved into bouquets, they’re being slowly dismembered as someone murmurs, “He loves me, he loves me not.” On his first Booth feature, 22-year-old Zimbabwean pop singer Taps gives ‘em another thing to worry about: death by fire. Good thing they don’t have ears. With that said, human R&B-heads are sure to appreciate freshly-released EP standout Burn the Roses, a poignant ballad chronicling the decay of a once-promising relationship. Packing the artist’s powerful vocals and a smoldering instrumental backdrop courtesy of T- Collar and Osinachi, this is just one of many emotionally-charged jams to be found on Taps’ Almost Home EP, available for free digital download as of December 12, 2012.
Written by richard on 01/16/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.