Brooklynati duo Tanya Morgan is back in the building with a new EP and a fresh new lead single, entitled Whatever That’s Mine. Remember what “feel good” music sounds like? You know, music that makes you nod your head and smile without even realizing it? It’s okay, we know you like to keep it grimy a la “eyebrows down, hoodie up” but I dare you to listen to Von Pea‘s buoyant production and Donwill’s always engaging rhymes and not bounce. Their command of the track is undeniable, and before you know it you’re humming right along. With much of 2011 being a “transitional period,” as Von Pea puts it, the promise of new EP You And What Army undoubtedly comes as a relief to the duo just as much as loyal TM fans. Featuring additional production from cohorts like Exile, AEON, Astronote and Brizzo, Army is looking like it’s poised to deliver potentially classic material of the aforementioned “feel good” variety. The nine song EP is scheduled to drop on November 22. So go ahead, give the mean mug or the side-eye a rest – at least until the song is over.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 11/8/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How Low" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.