Brooklynati duo Tanya Morgan is back in the building with a new EP and a fresh new lead single, entitled Whatever That’s Mine. Remember what “feel good” music sounds like? You know, music that makes you nod your head and smile without even realizing it? It’s okay, we know you like to keep it grimy a la “eyebrows down, hoodie up” but I dare you to listen to Von Pea‘s buoyant production and Donwill’s always engaging rhymes and not bounce. Their command of the track is undeniable, and before you know it you’re humming right along. With much of 2011 being a “transitional period,” as Von Pea puts it, the promise of new EP You And What Army undoubtedly comes as a relief to the duo just as much as loyal TM fans. Featuring additional production from cohorts like Exile, AEON, Astronote and Brizzo, Army is looking like it’s poised to deliver potentially classic material of the aforementioned “feel good” variety. The nine song EP is scheduled to drop on November 22. So go ahead, give the mean mug or the side-eye a rest – at least until the song is over.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 11/8/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How Low" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.