It has only been a month since Tanya Morgan released Pick It Up, but lets make something clear—there’s Never Too Much Tanya Morgan. Setting the stage on their latest casual, upbeat tune is 6th Sense, who cooks up a funky, airy beat that is simple yet effective. Atop the production Don Will and Von Pea share similarly charismatic, clean flows even though their lyrical content differs. Don, bit by the love bug, spits a few bars dedicated to his favorite girl, whereas Von Pea, with lines like “aint nothing in my Sprite but Sprite,” is more in love with life’s simple things. Guest Nitty Scott, MC, who spits a tale of a love that started on the F-Train, goofs off with the twosome in a quirky, enjoyable set of visuals. Never Too Much will find a permanent home on the Tanya Morgan’s Rubber Souls LP, due out September 24.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/20/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How Low" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.