The first thing you have to know is that Tanya Morgan is not a her. While the name may sound like it belongs to a female R&B singer, it is actually the pseudonym for three male emcees who formed a group five years ago over the okayplayer.com message board. Since then, they have met with nothing but critical acclaim and have quickly developed a cult following. How Low, their current single, is the bonus track off their recently-released The Bridge (EP). The track is in no way indicative of their typical style, and it certainly doesn’t betray their experimental tendencies. Producer Mysterious contributes an 80’s bounce-rap beat with an electro twist, while Von Pea, Ilyad, and Donwill spit some likeminded rhymes. By the end, you’ll either love it or hate it.
Written by Charlie E. on 07/16/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Something Better ft. Tanya Morgan" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.