The first thing you have to know is that Tanya Morgan is not a her. While the name may sound like it belongs to a female R&B singer, it is actually the pseudonym for three male emcees who formed a group five years ago over the okayplayer.com message board. Since then, they have met with nothing but critical acclaim and have quickly developed a cult following. How Low, their current single, is the bonus track off their recently-released The Bridge (EP). The track is in no way indicative of their typical style, and it certainly doesn’t betray their experimental tendencies. Producer Mysterious contributes an 80’s bounce-rap beat with an electro twist, while Von Pea, Ilyad, and Donwill spit some likeminded rhymes. By the end, you’ll either love it or hate it.
Written by Charlie E. on 07/16/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Something Better ft. Tanya Morgan" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.