The first thing you have to know is that Tanya Morgan is not a her. While the name may sound like it belongs to a female R&B singer, it is actually the pseudonym for three male emcees who formed a group five years ago over the okayplayer.com message board. Since then, they have met with nothing but critical acclaim and have quickly developed a cult following. How Low, their current single, is the bonus track off their recently-released The Bridge (EP). The track is in no way indicative of their typical style, and it certainly doesn’t betray their experimental tendencies. Producer Mysterious contributes an 80’s bounce-rap beat with an electro twist, while Von Pea, Ilyad, and Donwill spit some likeminded rhymes. By the end, you’ll either love it or hate it.
Written by Charlie E. on 07/16/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Something Better ft. Tanya Morgan" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.