All of the summery music in the Booth today has got me thinking of one of my favorite warm-weather pastimes: playing the ponies at Canterbury Park, of course! Brooklyn threesome Tanya Morgan seem to have a similar idea, as Von Pea, Ilyad, and Donwill have titled the follow-up to lead single So Down by the same method that produces many of those inexplicable racehorse names—with Morgan Blu‘s impressive pedigree, you’d expect an old-school, lyrically-driven winner of a record, and you wouldn’t be disappointed; over Pea’s sunny, sampled instrumental, the trio team up with Cailfornia’s Blu to flow about love, blues, the rap game, and, well, just about everything else. All four emcees’ freewheeling verses are so densely packed I’d listen to Morgan Blu about a dozen more times to settle on a favorite—suffice it to say, the record is a buffet of memorable lines, and should have lyrical heads packing their bags for a trip to Brooklynati (due out next Tuesday, the 12th).
Written by richard on 05/3/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How Low" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.