All of the summery music in the Booth today has got me thinking of one of my favorite warm-weather pastimes: playing the ponies at Canterbury Park, of course! Brooklyn threesome Tanya Morgan seem to have a similar idea, as Von Pea, Ilyad, and Donwill have titled the follow-up to lead single So Down by the same method that produces many of those inexplicable racehorse names—with Morgan Blu‘s impressive pedigree, you’d expect an old-school, lyrically-driven winner of a record, and you wouldn’t be disappointed; over Pea’s sunny, sampled instrumental, the trio team up with Cailfornia’s Blu to flow about love, blues, the rap game, and, well, just about everything else. All four emcees’ freewheeling verses are so densely packed I’d listen to Morgan Blu about a dozen more times to settle on a favorite—suffice it to say, the record is a buffet of memorable lines, and should have lyrical heads packing their bags for a trip to Brooklynati (due out next Tuesday, the 12th).
Written by richard on 05/3/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How Low" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)