The overall tone of Tanya Morgan‘s recently-released junior set is lush, upbeat and forward-looking but, as you might expect from a pair of old-school heads like Donwill and Von Pea, the project isn’t free of nostalgia for the past. On the melancholy Eulogy, the partners-in-rhyme take a moment to reflect on their regrets, and the people who are no longer in their lives. Project collaborator 6th Sense provides an understated, keyboard-driven backdrop for the duo’s lyrical meditations, and director Joey Angerone provides an understated official video to match the record’s elegiac vibe. This joint can be found, along with previous single The Only One and much more, on Tanya Morgan’s Rubber Souls LP, out now via Imprint One80.
Written by richard on 10/25/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How Low" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.