The overall tone of Tanya Morgan‘s recently-released junior set is lush, upbeat and forward-looking but, as you might expect from a pair of old-school heads like Donwill and Von Pea, the project isn’t free of nostalgia for the past. On the melancholy Eulogy, the partners-in-rhyme take a moment to reflect on their regrets, and the people who are no longer in their lives. Project collaborator 6th Sense provides an understated, keyboard-driven backdrop for the duo’s lyrical meditations, and director Joey Angerone provides an understated official video to match the record’s elegiac vibe. This joint can be found, along with previous single The Only One and much more, on Tanya Morgan’s Rubber Souls LP, out now via Imprint One80.
Written by richard on 10/25/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How Low" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.