The overall tone of Tanya Morgan‘s recently-released junior set is lush, upbeat and forward-looking but, as you might expect from a pair of old-school heads like Donwill and Von Pea, the project isn’t free of nostalgia for the past. On the melancholy Eulogy, the partners-in-rhyme take a moment to reflect on their regrets, and the people who are no longer in their lives. Project collaborator 6th Sense provides an understated, keyboard-driven backdrop for the duo’s lyrical meditations, and director Joey Angerone provides an understated official video to match the record’s elegiac vibe. This joint can be found, along with previous single The Only One and much more, on Tanya Morgan’s Rubber Souls LP, out now via Imprint One80.
Written by richard on 10/25/13
Brooklyn hip-hop duo Tanya Morgan has released of its third studio album, Rubber Souls, via Imprint One80. The follow-up to 2009's Brooklynati, the project was recorded in its entirety while Von Pea and Donwill were in the...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How Low" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.