The unknowing might assume a stage name like “Tank” equals a hard-hitting bruiser on the mic, but the veteran singer actually sounds more like a vintage Caddy or a stretch limo. Last featured (not counting his features with supergroup TGT) on Joe Budden‘s 2013 single She Don’t Put It Down Like You (Remix) Tank returns with You’re My Star, a record all his own. I say “all his own,” because not only does he sing, he’s also responsible for the lively, vibrant R&B/jazz boardwork (which samples The Jacksons’ This Place Hotel). With the triumphant instrumental behind him, Tank pays tribute to a shining lady in his life. If You’re My Star has earned a gold star (or five) from you, be sure to keep an eye out for the Atlantic Records recording artist’s forthcoming album, Stronger (out August 12).
Update: We have added the TAJ-directed visuals for Tank’s You’re My Star single.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/11/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.