Having recently signed to Atlantic Records, R&B mainstay Tank is gearing up to drop his currently unscheduled new album, Now or Never, with the release of his new single, the bluntly titled Sex Music (can you guess what it’s about?). Produced by Song Dynasty and Harvey Mason Jr, the beat is simultaneously laid back and a real club banger – if that makes any sense – thanks to the combination of heavy synthesizers with low melodic keys. For his part, Tank hopes to build upon his reputation as an R&B baby maker by expounding on everyone’s favorite topic, getting it on. Unfortunately, I have to say that the lyrical content is pretty average, we’ve heard that play-by-play from the club to the bedroom before, and while Tank can actually sing, for some reason he chooses to use auto-tune, which can get tedious after awhile. Still, I’m sure there will be some out there who hear Sex Music and, well, fantasize about having sex to Tank’s music. So what do you think Booth readers, is this the new go-to jam to get your girl in the mood?
Written by JRTheWriter on 06/22/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.