Having recently signed to Atlantic Records, R&B mainstay Tank is gearing up to drop his currently unscheduled new album, Now or Never, with the release of his new single, the bluntly titled Sex Music (can you guess what it’s about?). Produced by Song Dynasty and Harvey Mason Jr, the beat is simultaneously laid back and a real club banger – if that makes any sense – thanks to the combination of heavy synthesizers with low melodic keys. For his part, Tank hopes to build upon his reputation as an R&B baby maker by expounding on everyone’s favorite topic, getting it on. Unfortunately, I have to say that the lyrical content is pretty average, we’ve heard that play-by-play from the club to the bedroom before, and while Tank can actually sing, for some reason he chooses to use auto-tune, which can get tedious after awhile. Still, I’m sure there will be some out there who hear Sex Music and, well, fantasize about having sex to Tank’s music. So what do you think Booth readers, is this the new go-to jam to get your girl in the mood?
Written by JRTheWriter on 06/22/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.