Update: Click “Listen” to watch Tank’s Next Breath video.
Over the years R&B singers have searched for the perfect way to express to that special someone just how important they are. While R. Kelly chose to focus on his lady’s culinary skills (Sex in the Kitchen) and Tyrese turned to astrology (Signs of Love Making), Tank’s so serious about his love he won’t even take his Next Breath if he can’t be with her. Production wise (thanks to The Composer) this is a classic R&B ballad in every sense, opening with a simple piano melody and slowly building into an orchestra of strings and wailing guitars. But entire orchestras would be nothing without powerful vocals and Tank more than delivers, displaying a breath control and style that’s helped him stand above the crowd for over a decade now. Expect to hear Next Breath at upcoming weddings nationwide, as well as on Tank’s upcoming album
This Is How I Feel, coming soon. In the meantime, fans can make the wait for their R&B savior a little less painful by coping his Diary of a Mad Man mixtape, available for free stream and download via The DJBooth right now.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/1/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.