Update: Click “Listen” to watch Tank’s Next Breath video.
Over the years R&B singers have searched for the perfect way to express to that special someone just how important they are. While R. Kelly chose to focus on his lady’s culinary skills (Sex in the Kitchen) and Tyrese turned to astrology (Signs of Love Making), Tank’s so serious about his love he won’t even take his Next Breath if he can’t be with her. Production wise (thanks to The Composer) this is a classic R&B ballad in every sense, opening with a simple piano melody and slowly building into an orchestra of strings and wailing guitars. But entire orchestras would be nothing without powerful vocals and Tank more than delivers, displaying a breath control and style that’s helped him stand above the crowd for over a decade now. Expect to hear Next Breath at upcoming weddings nationwide, as well as on Tank’s upcoming album
This Is How I Feel, coming soon. In the meantime, fans can make the wait for their R&B savior a little less painful by coping his Diary of a Mad Man mixtape, available for free stream and download via The DJBooth right now.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/1/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.