We’ve all been there: you split with your significant other and, even though there are supermodels beating a path to your door in hopes of being your rebound fling, all you can think about is the one that got away. OK, to keep it one-hundred, I’ve never had beautiful women lining up to comfort me after a breakup, but Tank has—and, as he admits on the latest single off his forthcoming fifth album, it didn’t make him feel any less Lonely. With Invincible‘s atmospheric synths and moody piano arpeggios as his canvas, the veteran singer/songwriter struggles to escape his ex-girl’s vise-grip on his heart—a difficult prospect, when even the thought that she’s looking good at the local spot without him is sufficient to open those old wounds. There’s no underestimating the power of a good friend to get you through periods of emotional pain; Chris Brown provides moral support on the guest tip, echoing the headliner’s sentiments in a flowed closing verse. Has this cathartic breakup jam struck a chord with you? More smooth, heartfelt cuts await on This Is How I Feel, due out May 8, in stores and online.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.