We’ve all been there: you split with your significant other and, even though there are supermodels beating a path to your door in hopes of being your rebound fling, all you can think about is the one that got away. OK, to keep it one-hundred, I’ve never had beautiful women lining up to comfort me after a breakup, but Tank has—and, as he admits on the latest single off his forthcoming fifth album, it didn’t make him feel any less Lonely. With Invincible‘s atmospheric synths and moody piano arpeggios as his canvas, the veteran singer/songwriter struggles to escape his ex-girl’s vise-grip on his heart—a difficult prospect, when even the thought that she’s looking good at the local spot without him is sufficient to open those old wounds. There’s no underestimating the power of a good friend to get you through periods of emotional pain; Chris Brown provides moral support on the guest tip, echoing the headliner’s sentiments in a flowed closing verse. Has this cathartic breakup jam struck a chord with you? More smooth, heartfelt cuts await on This Is How I Feel, due out May 8, in stores and online.
Written by richard on 04/11/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.