We’ve all been there: you split with your significant other and, even though there are supermodels beating a path to your door in hopes of being your rebound fling, all you can think about is the one that got away. OK, to keep it one-hundred, I’ve never had beautiful women lining up to comfort me after a breakup, but Tank has—and, as he admits on the latest single off his forthcoming fifth album, it didn’t make him feel any less Lonely. With Invincible‘s atmospheric synths and moody piano arpeggios as his canvas, the veteran singer/songwriter struggles to escape his ex-girl’s vise-grip on his heart—a difficult prospect, when even the thought that she’s looking good at the local spot without him is sufficient to open those old wounds. There’s no underestimating the power of a good friend to get you through periods of emotional pain; Chris Brown provides moral support on the guest tip, echoing the headliner’s sentiments in a flowed closing verse. Has this cathartic breakup jam struck a chord with you? More smooth, heartfelt cuts await on This Is How I Feel, due out May 8, in stores and online.
Written by richard on 04/11/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.