Like many R&B artists, Tank has a one-size-fits-all solution to every problem: on his last feature, the veteran singer-songwriter solved a medical Emergency via the judicious application of lovemaking. On his current single, by contrast, his girl’s alive and healthy, and everything’s going great. By way of Celebration, he’s gonna – you guessed it – get it in. This newly-remixed version of the record retains The Stereotypes’ silky-smooth slow-jam boardwork and the headliner’s suave pillow talk, but switches out original guest contributor Drake for two R&B-pop heavyweights. Chris Breezy heads off the pack, hanging a “Do Not Disturb” sign on the doorknob and setting up the camcorder in an energetically-sung/flowed opener, and Trey Songz takes over on the middle, soulfully imitating the sounds that he and the lucky lady will be making at their “slumber party.” Is this sultry remix worthy of, well, Celebration? If you like what you’re hearing, you can find the original version of this record and plenty more Grade-A bedroom burners on Tank’s Now or Never LP, released last December and out now online.
Written by richard on 05/12/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.