According to some of the most current theories in physics, the world around us is made not of particles, but of strings, which vibrate somewhat like those on a guitar. To a scientific novice like myself, that sounds no more or less crazy than the alternate possibility Chi-town hip-hop collective Tall Tale Medicine Machine propose on their Booth debut: everything’s made of laces, like the ones on your kicks. New single Shoe String Theory finds crew leader Blacktop Megaphone and a 14-person live-band ensemble crafting a ramshackle, jazz-informed backdrop for bars by Denmark Vessey, the Motown emcee-producer who brought us Pose back in April 2011. When he’s not plumbing the depths of modern physics, Vessey opines on issues closer to home, from the ravages of urban poverty to his impeccable piff game. Tyler Berg of Sidewalk Chalk assists on drums. Has this left-of-center cut piqued your interest? More awaits on the Tall Tale Medicine Machine’s self-titled debut set, dropping independently on April 22.
Written by richard on 01/31/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)