According to some of the most current theories in physics, the world around us is made not of particles, but of strings, which vibrate somewhat like those on a guitar. To a scientific novice like myself, that sounds no more or less crazy than the alternate possibility Chi-town hip-hop collective Tall Tale Medicine Machine propose on their Booth debut: everything’s made of laces, like the ones on your kicks. New single Shoe String Theory finds crew leader Blacktop Megaphone and a 14-person live-band ensemble crafting a ramshackle, jazz-informed backdrop for bars by Denmark Vessey, the Motown emcee-producer who brought us Pose back in April 2011. When he’s not plumbing the depths of modern physics, Vessey opines on issues closer to home, from the ravages of urban poverty to his impeccable piff game. Tyler Berg of Sidewalk Chalk assists on drums. Has this left-of-center cut piqued your interest? More awaits on the Tall Tale Medicine Machine’s self-titled debut set, dropping independently on April 22.
Written by richard on 01/31/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)