I shouldn’t even have to write anything to get you to listen to Violations. If you aren’t already excited to hear Talib Kweli and Raekwon on the same track, then you should probably check your pulse. Featuring exquisite production from Thaddeus Dixon, this song is exactly what you would expect from two of hip-hop’s strongest veterans. As the beat alternates between a cascading percussion groove and a swooning string section, the two greats trade bars. Raekwon’s brash approach is the perfect contrast to Talib’s more precise flow. The record is strong from start to finish; there are no holes or weak spots anywhere. Violations can be found on Talib’s Gravitas album, which you can purchase at Kweli’s website.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/17/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where It All Started ft. Jadakiss, Talib Kweli & Papoose" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.