I shouldn’t even have to write anything to get you to listen to Violations. If you aren’t already excited to hear Talib Kweli and Raekwon on the same track, then you should probably check your pulse. Featuring exquisite production from Thaddeus Dixon, this song is exactly what you would expect from two of hip-hop’s strongest veterans. As the beat alternates between a cascading percussion groove and a swooning string section, the two greats trade bars. Raekwon’s brash approach is the perfect contrast to Talib’s more precise flow. The record is strong from start to finish; there are no holes or weak spots anywhere. Violations can be found on Talib’s Gravitas album, which you can purchase at Kweli’s website.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/17/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where It All Started" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.