I shouldn’t even have to write anything to get you to listen to Violations. If you aren’t already excited to hear Talib Kweli and Raekwon on the same track, then you should probably check your pulse. Featuring exquisite production from Thaddeus Dixon, this song is exactly what you would expect from two of hip-hop’s strongest veterans. As the beat alternates between a cascading percussion groove and a swooning string section, the two greats trade bars. Raekwon’s brash approach is the perfect contrast to Talib’s more precise flow. The record is strong from start to finish; there are no holes or weak spots anywhere. Violations can be found on Talib’s Gravitas album, which you can purchase at Kweli’s website.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/17/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where It All Started" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.